Weather, what to pack, Time zones, Currency & Flights
Namibia is a year-round destination. You can expect hot, wet summers and cooler, dry winters. Generally, the days can be quite hot and the evenings and early mornings can be cool.
LONG TERM WEATHER FORECAST
WHAT TO PACK
- Sweater/Jacket for cool evenings
- Lightweight clothing for warmer days
- Closed shoes for hiking/walking
- Sandals/open shoes
- Sun Protection
- Yoga mat (Yoga Mats are available)
- For electrical small appliances or chargers, a conversion plug to a three-pin type outlet is required.
Summer time: GMT + 2 hours from the 1st Sunday in September to the 1st Sunday in April.
Winter time: GMT + 1 hour from the 1st Sunday in April to the 1st Sunday in September.
The Namibia Dollar (NAD) and South African Rand (ZAR) is the only legal tender in Namibia and can be used freely to purchase goods and services.
The following are accepted as payment methods:
And local currency (ZAR & NAD)
Passport with required Visas valid for at least 6 months.
- Please book your flight to arrive at Hosea Kutako International Airport no later than 10am on the first day of Retreat Booking
- Daily flights to Hosea Kutako International Airport Windhoek
- National airline is Air Namibia.
- British Airways, South African Airways, Air Berlin, Condo, KLM, Qatar Airways and TAAG fly to Namibia.
- Most international airlines fly to South Africa with good connecting flights to Namibia.